Monday, April 20, 2009

Welcome to the world little Maia

I must have had an inkling because I couldn't sleep from about 3.30 am on this morning. About 4.30 am Alan's mobile beeped from somewhere in the dark on the bedroom floor but I thought it was probably just one of those group messages Telstra sends. When we got up at 6.30 am though we read that baby was on the way. (On James' birthday - the one day everyone was hoping baby wouldn't arrive!) I am sure though he is tickled pink now to have a little sister born on his 7th birthday. When I arrived at work Johno called to say little Maia had been born at 9.55 am NZ time - Mum doing an amazing job with no drugs at all. How lucky am I - six grandchildren now - 3 boys and 3 girls. I can't wait to get over to NZ to meet Maia - only seven weeks until we go.

I will have to get busy finishing off all the baby sewing and knitting projects I've had on the go - and yes I can finish knitting the pink and white striped pants because IT'S A GIRL!

On the weekend I made some more vinyl-covered purses - becoming a dab hand at sewing these now - and also finished another handbag. Pretty pleased with how it worked out. It has a vinyl covered centre area, nice spotty interior and is a good roomy size. I can tell if something has worked out okay because I usually want to keep it for myself - but I can't do that. I am discovering that it's very hard to photograph vinyl-covered bags and purses.




No comments:

Post a Comment