Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Posting off the goodies

Today I posted off a parcel of handmade baby things to New Zealand for little Maia. With the excitement of my increased grandmother status I had wanted to finish off all the things I have been making for her so even got up early yesterday morning to cut out the fabric for the sun-shaped baby rattle. Finished it off last night after work and had great pleasure wrapping up the rattle, quilt, teething square and nappy bag in pink paper this morning. The pic shows the pre-sewn rattle pieces on my ironing board (really I'm just showing off my new ironing board cover, which I think is rather sexy and a major improvement on the last poxy threadbare number!)

By the way, have discovered that the $2.99 throwaway thin plastic tablecloth liners from Spotlight make great lining for vinyl covered bags - makes them suitable to use for wet items. I really do spend a lot of time in that shop now.

Also below showing off the rather wonderful painting given to us by Peter Gouldthorpe on Sunday. It's titled '4 do Doo Town' as the four us (P & J, A and I) stayed in a shack at Doo Town earlier this year when Peter painted it. The scene is of the wharf at Pirate's Bay - just along from where we stayed. I gushed about the painting back then at Doo Town and feel rather lucky now to be the owner of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment