I am beginning to regret saying I was taking this year off sewing for markets. Nads at work went to the new Barn market at Rosny on the weekend and said it was great. I felt a little pang of regret I am not madly sewing towards a market. Maybe when the weather cools down a bit...
So what have I been doing with my spare time so far in 2010. Here's the list under my paperweight:
- Getting in as many swims as possible before the cooler weather starts.
- Planning for our big overseas trip - forever online looking at wonderful destinations in Santorini, Rome, Florence, the Cinque de Terre, Nice, Dordogne, Portugal and Paris. Will we stay in a convent in Rome or Florence? Where in the south of France will we rent a villa? Such hard decisions.
- Trying to decide which window treatments to get to make our sunroom warmer this winter. We are getting a green loan to get better window coverings, a new solar water heater, plus new false ceilings and insulation in a couple of rooms. I saw a furnishing shop in Kingston advertising window covering choices for energy efficiency and I thought this was smart advertising as a couple of places I have been into in town didn't know what I was on about..
- Clutter clearing (I am not really but I thought if I wrote this it might get me back into it - as I was on such a high before Christmas when I was). This is my 'Fake it till you make it' philosophy!
- Spending as much time as I can with little Izzie Bizzie who seems to like being babysat by her Nana Lee now.
- Trying hard to not do any 'shop bothering' or spending as we are saving for our big trip.
- Admiring my husband who has become a 'step counter extraordinaire' - forever out there walking the streets with his pedometer on. He has lost heaps of weight and is looking and feeling terrific. I need to join him more often...
- Gathering herbs from my splendiferous vegie garden and watching the apples grow on the apple trees.