Monday, February 8, 2010

Too good to be true really

This really does have to be the best Hobart summer I have ever experienced.  A great long weekend - more swimming, my suntan got another little top-up and we had lots of great outings. 

Saturday was a trip to Middleton Fair, which was very hokey and fun  - bought lots of nice fresh vegies and exotic jams. Later we had dinner at friends discussing European travel plans for later in the year.  Sunday was a trip to Eagle Hawk Neck for a special bookclub occasion at Louise's lovely house in the hills - Blowhole fish and chips, a Pirates Bay walk, swim and ice cream.  I know I was relaxed because sitting on Louise's deck aferwards in the late late afternoon I felt like I could have happily sat there for hours more, idly chatting and watching night fall over the water.

Today was brunch at Peppermint Bay with my daughter, adorable grand-daughter (I can't kiss her enough) son-in-law and hublet.  Alan and I had a swim at Coningham Beach on the way home, which really is a very picturesque spot.  This afternoon I was beaten again at scrabble with my aunt Cissy - but it does make her happy to win - so I don't really mind losing.  (I lie - a win again might be nice!)

Life is a tricky one - we have lots of family issues at the moment simmering away below the surface, niggling worries about health issues for the senior folk in our clan and a few issues for some of the youngest ones too - I guess both groups are always the most vulnerable.  But I am trying to grasp the moment and appreciate life as it comes day by day.  Feel like I am succeeding although sleeptime is revealing.  I am waking with a sore jaw from teeth clenching.  We are complex creatures... 

Below is a pic of ust one of the intriguing collections in a little corner of Louise's home.  She's not a gal who is into 'clutter clearing' but openly admits to very selective 'clutter gathering'.  She's building a shed to house her collections!


No comments:

Post a Comment