Monday, February 15, 2010

Not creating anything yet...

I am beginning to regret saying I was taking this year off sewing for markets.  Nads at work went to the new Barn market at Rosny on the weekend and said it was great.  I felt a little pang of regret I am not madly sewing towards a market.  Maybe when the weather cools down a bit...

So what have I been doing with my spare time so far in 2010.  Here's the list under my paperweight: 
  • Getting in as many swims as possible before the cooler weather starts.
  • Planning for our big overseas trip - forever online looking at wonderful destinations in Santorini, Rome, Florence, the Cinque de Terre, Nice, Dordogne, Portugal and Paris.  Will we stay in a convent in Rome or Florence? Where in the south of France will we rent a villa?  Such hard decisions.
  • Trying to decide which window treatments to get to make our sunroom warmer this winter.  We are getting a green loan to get better window coverings, a new solar water heater, plus new false ceilings and insulation in a couple of rooms.  I saw a furnishing shop in Kingston advertising window covering choices for energy efficiency and I thought  this was smart advertising as a couple of places I have been into in town didn't know what I was on about..
  • Clutter clearing (I am not really but I thought if I wrote this it might get me back into it - as I was on such a high before Christmas when I was).  This is my 'Fake it till you make it' philosophy!
  • Spending as much time as I can with little Izzie Bizzie who seems to like being babysat by her Nana Lee now.
  • Trying hard to not do any 'shop bothering' or spending as we are saving for our big trip.
  • Admiring my husband who has become a 'step counter extraordinaire' - forever out there walking the streets with his pedometer on.  He has lost heaps of weight and is looking and feeling terrific.  I need to join him more often...
  • Gathering herbs from my splendiferous vegie garden and watching the apples grow on the apple trees.
  • Trying to remember to breathe out more deeply more often.  Doing it now..... Woosh. A big out breath to get rid of some stress, which has been accumulating lately.
  • Putting ice cubes in my white wine (Shauna's advice) so I drink less.  An extra bonus - the glass tinkles nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment