Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hot summer segue

Hobart is having the most amazing Summer and one of my new year's resolutions is to get out there rather than sitting inside sewing on the weekends.  We've also been to Sydney and New Zealand for Kerry and Johno's big birthday celebrations (that's our jaunty carvan from the NZ relies' caravan circle) - so it's all been wonderful but I haven't been 'making' much.  Although that said I have just whipped up a little baby shower pressie for Amy - a teething square- as it is too darn hot and blustery to be outside at the moment.  Me thinks a thumderstorm is brewing.

Saw some great art and craft in NZ so I'll post some pics of these to inspire.  The necklace below is from a very groovy shop called Jet in Raglan.  It's made from greenish coloured rocks tied on a woven flaxy neck piece.  I love it.

 

  
The garden sculptures above are at the Lillypad cafe near Cambridge NZ.  Love the teapot towers and will be scouring our local tip shop for some teapots soon. 
The pic below is of the entrance to the Boatshed cafe at Palm Beach.  This too was wonderful. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lee,
    It was a nice surprise to receive your comment over on my blog :)
    Thanks for popping over. I've enjoyed your pics of NZ.
    Have a good week ~ Kali

    ReplyDelete