Monday, January 4, 2010

I love love love Summer


It has been the best Christmas/New Year break from work I can remember.  Sunshine, swimming, sleep-ins, sewing - all the favourite 's' words.  (I was going to be risque and throw in another but this is a G-rated blog.) 

We have had lots of house guests coming and going - more Melbourne university students than I can count emerging from the shed in all states of undress and disrepair, pre and post the Falls Festival.  Also cousin Vicki over for Micaela and Aaron's lovely bush wedding yesterday at Koonya.  We had lots of laughs together.

I've had great times too with little Izzie and Lilli - outings to the Taste, Conningham beach and kayak fun. 

Husband has continued his walking addiction over the break and stirred me into a bit more activity too so despite Christmas lunch and the Sue/Steph Christmas take 2 eating and drinking excitement I am feeling quite healthy. New Year's Eve was memorable up at Johnny's watching the amazing lightning storm right above us, full moon and blackout.  

Only nine more days of work and then it's off to Sydney and New Zealand.  Life is good.  2010 promises lots.  Happy birthday today Kerry.

Above is a photo of our new outdoor light shining on John's pumice masterpiece and Tom's wooden fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment