Sunday, September 27, 2009

A perfect weekend for sewing

Listening to the Grand Final and sewing - a great way to spend a Sat arvo. Husband away being blokey watching the game with friends so the house to myself - lovely lovely.

Last night was a wild wild night - incredible non-stop wind and door slamming throughout the house. It was kind of a relief when morning came although the weather has been nasty all day too. Have made another bag - the psychedelic material one - and am really pleased with this. I think I will make this my 'bag recipe' for a while. Black twill top and handles and interesting fabric below. Would have kept on sewing all day but have run out of a few essentials - iron-on fabric stiffener and thread etc. See you soon Spotlight...


Also made a zipped purse for glasses - using some of the material I screen printed last weekend. Shauna has been fabric shopping for me in Sydney so I am excited about this and have some other fabric arriving this week too from Kelani Fabric Obsession.



No comments:

Post a Comment