Sunday, September 20, 2009

Let's get physical!

Nothing like the approach of a trip to Sydney to make a girl want to make an effort to get the body into some sort of shape (or is it too late?). Yesterday morning Sue and I had our first dragon boat row on the Derwent - eleven women in a long narrow skiff with a man standing up at the back of the boat with a long oar steering us. Quite a workout. I was hopeless at first - way out of rhythm and mostly only managing to do one stroke to the women in front of me's two - but managed to get the hang of it and didn't make too much of a disgrace of myself. Felt quite exhausted afterwards and could have even had an arvo nap.

I am blaming being pooped for my 'sewing injury' that afternoon. While sewing a scarf I managed to sit heavily on my pin cushion which I'd left on the chair in front of my sewing machine. At least six long darning needles impaled themselves into my bottom. OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH! Had to extract them one at time. No sympathy from husband who was preoccupied with his own misery - the 'man flu'.

Despite the sore bottom, shoulders and arms Sue and I continued the fitness theme this morning by pushing ourselves on our Sunday morning walk - uphill moaning and groaning o Boronia Reserve but felt quite pleased with ourselves back at Sue's with our cups of tea.

Came home and did a bit of screen printing - a row of birds which I plan to use as part of a bag front. Worked out okay but the wind whipped up just after I pegged the printed pieces of material up on a rope in front of the oak tree and some of the material bits flapped wet ink around. Ah well.




Above top is a photo of a corner of the garden which is looking rather nice now that the rhodos are out and below the 'love tree' with its new 'e'.


No comments:

Post a Comment