Thursday, May 7, 2009

Down and out with the flu

Sometimes I think we get sick so we can just stay at home and read books and have a good cry. Not a pretty sight but here I am sitting up in bed with the laptop, a big pile of crumpled tissues, three mugs of cold tea, this morning's porridge plate and 'The Secret Life of Bees' book, now finished, beside me. Great story - sad enough for several weeps but quirky too and a bit spiritual - all in all a very satisfying sick-girl read!

It's not a good time to have the flu. I hear swine flu updates on the radio every time I go into the kitchen to make another cup of tea, - or get up to answer the phone to yet another charity call. I've had six calls in three days and I haven't been overly polite. I'm much nicer when they call at night and I'm sipping a glass of wine.


The photo is of Melbourne Central shot tower taken at sunset on Sunday just before we went up to Claire's 36th floor penthouse. Our weekend in Melbourne was terrific. There were lots of wonderful handmade goodies at the St Kilda esplanade market. I particularly liked the Mattt bags we saw and some great resin jewellery. There are some very talented people in Melbourne - makes me wonder sometimes about my chances of success with my millymaking enterprise - but hey a girls just got to keep on making, refining and evolving...

No comments:

Post a Comment