Friday, May 15, 2009

Careful what you wish for...

I’ve been saying for a while now that “I’d like to give up my day job” to take up my millymaking pursuits fulltime – and my recent bout of the flu and being off work for nearly two weeks made me begin to wonder if I might not be homebound for some time. So no dear Universe I don’t want to give up my day job because I am sick or GFC-have to – I want to eventually give up my day job because my millymaking has become a very profitable and growing concern!!!

Very excited to have been accepted to be part of the next Independent Art and Design Market happening in Hobart on 7 June. I will be madly sewing this weekend and many nights during the coming weeks. Have been making some rather groovy potholders. Did I say that? (In my wild youth I didn’t imagine I’d be capable of saying such a thing!) They have turned out rather well and have also created another rash of totes and handbags.

Flu remnants begone – too much sewing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment