Thursday, November 5, 2009

Useful stuff


Hi ho - back from Sydney and straight into a 2-day Social Media workshop with social networking guru Laurel Papworth.  Phew.  Mind overload but lots of great new ideas for both making and promoting.

It was fun in Sydney at Anna's Open Home although we didn't quite get the numbers we were expecting.  Being a shimmery hot Sydney Sunday I think a lot of the people we invited were at the beach. I don't blame them!!  We had fun though.  I loved Anna's Silk Diva range and Shauna's new range of cards. Go Anna and Shauna!

I've decided that after 10 months of millymaking it might be nice to share some of the things I've learnt along the way.  So I've added some useful info to this blog - lists of the online fabric shops I buy from (all great - no complaints), other sites where I've ordered business cards and clothing labels or used to create promo material, plus sites where I go to get inspiration from, sites where you can sell handmade items and blogs and sites I like.  Hope you find something useful here.


The photo above is of a recent sculpture created by my sister Shauna.

No comments:

Post a Comment