Thursday, June 4, 2009

A two book return of the lurgy

This is the view outside my window as I type this. Misty rainy late afternoon. Ye gads - I am sick of winter (already) and the flu season. Am on to my third bout of some sort of viral thing - not quite so bad this time but have stayed home two days to make sure it goes away. Have read two books - The Household Guide to Dying (a novel) which made me a bit maudlin but was a great read, followed by The Knitting Circle, which is more about dying and grief. Hmm - my husband thinks I should change my choice of reading matter.

This afternoon I got up and made some love tree cards to give away free to customers of my millymaker stall on Sunday. Under the love tree is the spot in the garden where Alan and I were married three and a half years ago. The 'love letters' were a wedding present from John and Kerry. I love looking outside and seeing them, slightly weathered now, on the big gum tree. Sometimes they fall off and I have to nail them up again.
Remembering you with love today Tom...



1 comment:

  1. Hi Lee,

    I must agree with your hubby, a change of reading topics is called for!

    Best of luck for the market on Sunday, I'm not sure if I can make it along as I'm marketeering myself tomorrow and we may all be beyond it by then (or we may be desperate to take the kids somewhere where they can manhandle other peoples things for a change!)

    Your stuff for market looks great...I only wish I was half as organised (can you hear the sewing machine in the background?)

    ReplyDelete